The United Kingdom is a hub of international students, due to its outstanding quality in education, countless studying options, modern educational approaches, infrastructure, job opportunities, practices, are some of the reasons why students from all over the world come to study in UK
It is the home for some of the world’s oldest and top-ranked universities in the world. The United Kingdom is the second-best overseas destination to study abroad besides the USA. pursuing courses from abroad destinations can open the doors to innumerable opportunities.
Education in the United Kingdom is a devolved matter, about 38% of the UK population has a university or college degree, which is the highest percentage in Europe, and among the highest percentages in the world, UK universities rank amongst the best Universities in the world on lists of top 100 universities. Student comes from different part of the world to studying in UK.
A promising and stable career surely will secure students’ future. A degree from an affiliated university gained from the UK is highly appreciated by employers and government bodies all over the world attracting 500,000 international students from all around the world every year.
Is Study in UK good for Indian students?
Shorter duration of courses helps reduce tuition and accommodation costs. The UK education system promotes close interaction and practical knowledge and freedom to combine different subjects into a single course of study.
Over the years the number of Indian students migrating to the UK to pursue their education is increasing undeviatingly. According to UK Immigration Statistics published in February 2020, A 93% increase of Indian students in 2019. showed that over 37,500 Indian students received a Tier 4 study visa in the UK.
It is a bit expensive for Indian students given the rates of pounds. But the education quality is amazing. There were 4,36,585 international students from 180+ countries studying in the UK last year, out of which Indian students were the 2nd largest group with 18,320.
List of Universities for students who study in UK
1. University of Bedfordshire
2. University of Greenwich
3. Middlesex University
4. Cardiff University
5. University of East London
6. Sheffield Hallam University
7. University of Salford
8. University of Hertfordshire
9. Northumbria University
10. Liverpool John Moores University
Reasons to opt for study in UK
- Going to university in the UK is a Great Opportunity to expand your knowledge, meet new people, understand different cultures, explore varied cuisine, strong transport links, music festivals, international sporting championships, the biggest library in the world, and discover other new experiences.
- With 50000 undergraduate courses, 100,000 post-graduation courses being offered you will have plenty of alternatives to choose from. You’ll get plenty of support at the university, and a chance to experience a great student lifestyle. The UK has a multicultural society, with a rich diversity of cultures, languages, and faiths.
- Quality education: UK has preserved its top position among the international students for its high-end educational quality with the best academic standards in the world. practical and utility-based knowledge is preferred over text-book learning.
Even though the institutions take responsibility for the quality of the courses, independent organizations like the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) regularly audit and assess all the universities and colleges.
- Internationally recognized Universities: UK has the best academic standards in the world. many world-recognized universities including the university of oxford, imperial college, university of Cambridge are situated in the country. UK degrees are recognized worldwide, including for PR in Canada and Australia.
- Duration of the course: It is a bit expensive for the given rates of pounds for Indian students. But it is worth every penny for the top-notch quality of education provided. The duration of the course in the UK is relatively shorter and intensive than many other countries, you can complete an undergraduate program in three years and Master’s programs in one year.
- Work, while you study: Many students from across the world, tend to work part-time, Many Indian students in the UK gain work experience along with their study doing part-time jobs, internships, volunteering, or placements during a vacation to build career skills to make their CV more valuable.
International students who want to education in the UK can work for up to 20 hours a week. One can also work full-time during vacations. Further, if you want to work after graduation, you can apply for a UK post-study work visa. A work placement is a part of the study course for some colleges, and your university may assist you in providing placement.
- Scholarship and financial assistance: Indian students who’re worried about expensive tuition fee and cost of living need not worry as there is a multitude of scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK at postgraduation and research level, like the Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarship to support your study and cost of living.
- Health benefits: As an international student/ Indian student in the UK, you’ll have access to receive free medical treatment while studying in the UK through the National Health Service (NHS) Program if enrolled in a full-time course or any course not less than 6 months.
To avail of this benefit, you will have to pay a small International Health Surcharge (IHS). Your IDP counselor will advise you about this detail. Most of the British universities or colleges have a special health policy for students too. Further, if you are staying with your spouse or children, then they will also be exempted from paying treatment costs.
- Multi-culture Society: The UK has a multicultural society, with a rich diversity of cultures, languages, and faiths. Every year, lakhs of students from 160+ countries around the world enroll themselves in various degree programs offered in universities across the UK. Studying in the UK is an opportunity to experience a multicultural environment, you will meet people who belong to different cultures, countries, languages, faiths, and discover new places, etc.
- Work permit after study: There is no limit on the number of international students who can stay back in the UK upon completion of their graduation. You can stay in the UK after finishing your course if you hold a job offer with an annual income of at least £20,800. To work in the UK after completing your studies, you need to switch from a Tier 4 Visa to a Tier 2 General Visa or Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. You require to apply for a work visa from the UK Border Agency.
Cheapest Universities for International Students in UK
If you’re on a tight budget and looking for affordable options Here are some of the best universities offering quality education with an average tuition fee under £16,000.
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Plymouth Marjon University
- Staffordshire University
- Teesside University
- Harper Adams University College
- Leeds Trinity University
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Coventry University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of West London
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- University of Chester
- Plymouth Marjon University
Is IELTS mandatory for studying in Uk?
Anyone who wants to go overseas for study or training will expect IELTS to be compulsory but IELTS is not mandatory to study in the UK, many universities accept international students without IELTS.
How much does it cost to study in the UK?
The tuition fee varies from one college to another, and the exchange rate of currency too, so, considering all these factors one might need a whopping sum of £10,000 to 38,000 pounds.
What is the living cost in the UK for a student?
The cost of living is high in the UK compared to other countries, but it hugely depends on your lifestyle, way of spending, habits. You will require £1000 bucks including your rent, gas, electricity, internet, transportation, stationery for a month. However, If you are attending a university outside London you would require £850 bucks, considering the lower rate of rent.
High-quality education, scholarships, a multi-culture society, a great place to explore, and many other factors make the UK stand out from many other countries to study overseas the UK degree along with international experience will give an edge and to students coming back to India, very much in demand in the corporate sector.